Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sitting on Top of the World

Often I find myself packing too much into one little summer; running from airports and projects to picnics and jobs, I often slam into Labor Day weekend exhausted and unfocused.
  
But this year I made very few summer plans.  
I just let the season unfold.

As a result, I spent a lot of time surfing in the Pacific Ocean. 
I paddled with old friends, new acquaintances, and one adorable seal. The summer of 2013 taught me to slow down and appreciate the power of wind and tide and silence.  I fell down more than I stood up, but I learned to relax - both on the waves and off. 

By late August my body was exhausted but my mind was totally at ease.
Goodbye summer! 
See you on the other side...
Uncredited photo found on Pinterest

"But more wonderful than the lore of old men and the lore of books is the secret lore of the ocean." 
- HP Lovecraft




No comments:

Post a Comment