Monday, October 1, 2012

Never Been to Montreal

"I imagine what adventures might await me even though I know that the journey is never what we plan; it's what happens between the lines." - Mary Morris, Nothing to Declare

On this, the 1st Monday in October, the frantic feelings of summer are well behind us and autumn seems so cozy by comparison.

My September adventure took me to Montreal, Canada.  I went for wonderful jogs up Mont Royal, ate lobster poutine, admired beautiful men in a colorful outdoor market, and listened to my friend deliver a lecture about Quebecois theatre at the Univeristy of Montreal.  I also had the opportunity to visit two of my former students from New York who attend (and LOVE) McGill University.  I'm happy to say that I went without much of a plan...and yet, as the intrepid traveler, Mary Morris states knowingly, a lot happened between the lines.


No comments:

Post a Comment